Bell V280 VR
- Bell needed to market their aircraft capabilities in an immersive way before the product had been built.
- The traditional 1:1 scale model that is taken to trade shows is costly to move and isn’t allowed inside secure government buildings.
- Bell’s goal was for end users to experience the tangible improvements the V-280 would make to operations in the military.
- Using the power of Virtual Reality (VR), S5D created an immersive experience where users take a flight on the V280 as a foot soldier, allowing them to fully understand the capabilities of the aircraft without needing to ship expensive models.
- We then built a follow up experience further highlighting aircraft capabilities and migrated this interactive HTC Vive experience to Gear VR and Oculus Go for the Bell sales team to have a portable solution.
- Finally, we built an edge-blended projection set-up which allowed us to re-export the VR experience onto a 3D wall and create a more “classroom” style of learning.
- Bell and their potential buyers loved the experience and were able to get thousands of people into the V-280 over the course of multiple events.
- This experience is still used years later to help demonstrate the aircraft selling points to generals and civilians alike. It can now be used in multiple portable headsets as well as in a 3D classroom-based environment, and the original VR content has been repurposed into several different formats for maximum ROI.